Thursday, March 2, 2017

PASTA!


Being an Italian, I grew up eating pasta frequently. Pasta has become my favorite food to eat. I look forward to every Sunday night to have a feast of Italian food! If pasta wasn't such a fattening option, I would definitely eat it way more often and never get tired of it. My favorite pasta to order when I am out at an Italian restaurant is Penne alla Vodka. Its creamy, pink sauce is delightful. My mom's meat sauce is my favorite pasta to eat at home. She spends all day making the sauce. She soaks all the meatballs and sausage in the sauce for hours. This makes the meat so tender that it melts in my mouth. I may be being biased but my mom's meatballs are the best I have ever tasted. Italians love to eat and I sure do love my pasta!

Vocabulary:
frequently: to do something often
feast: a special meal with large amounts of food and drink
fattening: to make fat
delightful: greatly pleasing
soaks: to put something in liquid for a period of time
tender: easy to cut or chew
biased: favoring

Vocabulary Exercise:
Complete the crossword puzzle based on the vocabulary words from the blog.



Grammer Point:
An adjective is a word that describes a noun. For example: A pretty sunset. The underlined word is the adjective that helps to describe the noun. 

Find 2 adjectives in my paragraph. Next, find the adjective in the following sentences.

1. Danielle's dress was red.
2. The cold pizza did not taste good.
3. The couch was very comfortable.
4. David has a small car. 





1 comment:

  1. Nice entry, Jackie, about your mom's cooking and pasta in general. I am sure her food is delicious. I also like the crossword and the grammar point.

    ReplyDelete