Monday, March 20, 2017

First Day of Spring

Today, March 20th, marks the first day of Spring! I am looking forward to all the entertaining things that will be done in the Springtime. I love when the weather gets warmer because there is so many things that can be done outside that gets halted because of the cold Winter. One of my favorite things to do is to take walks with my dog when it gets warm. Although I still walk him in the Winter, it is much more enjoyable in the Spring. I also enjoy riding my bike places instead of driving. It allows me to get some exercise in while doing something I enjoy. I am eagerly waiting for the flowers to bloom and the trees to grow their leaves back. Everything looks so much prettier in the Springtime. Now that Spring is officially here, I am hoping the weather warms up and the snow melts so it can officially start to look and feel like Spring.

Vocabulary
entertaining: fun
halted: to stop or end
exercise: activity that is done to become stronger and healthier
eagerly: waiting excitingly for something
bloom: state of having the buds opened on a flower
officially: in a formal manner

Vocabulary Exercise
Fill in the blanks with one of the vocabulary words listed above.

1. The car ____________ at a red light.
2. The concert was very __________________.
3. I am going to _______________ so that I can be healthier.
4. I am ________________ waiting for my birthday.
5. The flowers begin to _____________ in the Spring.
6. The New York Jets _________________ announced their new starting quarterback.

Grammar Point
Future tense is used when you are talking about something that has not yet happened or talking about something that is going to happen.

For example I used the future tense when I said: I am looking forward to all the entertaining things that will be done in the Springtime.

Find one more time that I used the future tense in my paragraph above. Think of 5 more sentence of your own using the future tense.

1 comment:

  1. Good entry, Jaclyn! I am also waiting for the spring. We all are. I like your activities. They are very helpful.
    You don't have to capitalize the seasons.

    ReplyDelete